Monday, February 26, 2007

Burroughs seems kinda Screwy

The idea of cutting up a bit of text to create a poem or story seems like an interesting one. I like the idea of happy accidents occurring in a mash of words. But I have a problem with sucking all the meaning out of a set of words. The cut up of words has some amusing sentences in it. The first sentence is pretty funny. But then there are sentence that have no meaning. What I'm saying is that I think that a piece that has been cut up like this needs to then have some editing, just so that it has some meaning. Or at least makes sense. It seems to me that the words loose meaning if they don't help the whole sentence. But was that Burroughs' point? Was he trying to devlop new meanings for words and sentences by changeing the context?

No comments: