Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Proposed Journey

My Idea is a walk through a city from a club or a cafe, some night spot, back home.
The actual idea is to start with the club. I'm not sure how I'm going to create this club, but i will. Then have walking. This will be a constant until the person gets to their apartment. Then, every few steps their will be a different sound. Some will be close, others will be far away. I want to include noises like an ambulance, a couple fighting, cars, and my own shoes on the pavement. I can get a couple of sounds off of Free noise. The things I need to record are the sounds of my heels on a floor, a door closing, Keys in a door, a couple fighting, and my own voice.
I want this project to sound a little futuristic, But not totally unfamiliar, like it's set in the near future. To do this, I'm planning on using the doors in the practice rooms for the doors, and beeps for the front of the apartment building.
I also want it to have the ambiance of a half deserted city street late at night. To acheeve this, I'm spacing the noises out and want to use a sax piece i found on free sound, if I'm allowed.

No comments: