Monday, January 22, 2007

The project that caught my eye in the reading was Cutting by Alex Bag and Candice Breitz. The reason that I found it interesting was because of the similarity I thought it had with Lev Kuleshov and his experiments with film, particularly the famous Kuleshov Experiment.
The research that I did on Alex bag lead me to a review of an installation of his in New York and a still of a video.

My question is, is Post production art the same as Postmodern art? Or is it different because Postmodern seems to deal with the appropriating symbols as well as material?

1 comment:

Fereshteh said...

Hi Gina,
Your question is a good one... post-production is a term that Bourriaud decided upon to describe just one aspect of post-modernism. You might be interested in reading the whole book. It's not that long and it might give you a better sense of where he sees it fitting in to the larger movement.